Farewell Baghdad (Persian: بدرود بغداد) is a 2010 Iranian film directed by Mehdi Naderi. The film was selected as the Iranian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
The Polish-American boxer Daniel Dalca (Mazdak Mirabedini) escapes his problems by enlisting in the army. After four years when his mission is over, he was to sent back home where he would have to face his past problems. So he decides to desert the army. In the middle of a desert he gets bitten by a scorpion.
On the very day of her marriage, 29 March 2003 Rebecca (Pantea Bahram) lost her husband during the British-American attack on Iraq. Today she’s managing a little restaurant on the Iraqi borderline where she hosts Iraqi and American soldiers. She goes to the landmines to clear mines in order to plant trees and palms at the very same places.
Saleh Al Marzouk (Mostafa Zamani) is an Iraqi math teacher who lost his family on the 29 March Baghdad bombings. Meanwhile he detained and later imprisoned at the infamous Abu Ghraib prison for three years. Disguised as a woman, he plans to blow himself up at a restaurant on Christmas Day in 2009. There, he suddenly discovers a picture of himself on the wall, when Rebecca enters the restaurant. Shocked, Saleh runs away.
- Mazdak Mirabedini as Daniel Dalca
- Pantea Bahram as Rebecca
- Mostafa Zamani as Saleh Al Marzouk
- Cris Cyrus Saidi as Lt. Sean Miller
- Reza Mohammady as Cpl. Nick Wilson
- Majid Bahrami
- Arya Shakeri
- Adnan Shahtalai
- Farewell Baghdad (thepersiankitty.wordpress.com)
- Tensions Mount as Iraqi Kurds Halt Oil Production (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Iraq tells Qatar to return fugitive VP Hashemi (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Iraq Wants Qatar to Hand Over Fugitive VP (abcnews.go.com)
- Iraq’s Kurds halt oil exports over payment row (sfgate.com)
- Iraq’s Kurds halt oil exports over payment row (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Shahristani calls for the government to take legal action against Kurdistan to stop oil exports (thecurrencynewshound.com)
- Maliki: We will head towards holding national meeting on time (thecurrencynewshound.com)
- Iraq, Kuwait determined to resolve outstanding issues – Iraqi PM (thecurrencynewshound.com)
- Maliki: We will attend the national meeting of the strongly and the summit of Baghdad, evidence of the return of Iraq to put the leading Arab (thecurrencynewshound.com)